[LAU] Saffire Pro 24

Edward Diehl diehl at umich.edu
Tue Feb 5 23:22:13 UTC 2013

> I have 2.0.99+svn2019-1ubuntu4 here. Building FFADO would mean
> building JACK, and that would lead to a chain of rebuilds I'd rather
> not do. Although, maybe Kxstudio PPA already took care of that.

Hmm, I have built ffado many times on AVLinux and have never had to rebuild
Jack.
(though I had to do it a bit carefully because I could not remove all the
original ffado package because
then synaptic wants to remove gobs of packages, so I just made sure to
install to the
same location as used by the package, i.e. /usr, which overwrites the old
libraries.  Also,
had to fix some links /usr/lib which I admit is a bit ugly - well I only
had to do this to build SVN 2260, otherwise,
I could have stuck with the AVLinux package which works fine, but lacks the
new mixer).

> (see: http://www.premiumorange.com/la-page-web-of-phil).
> I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see there. If you are referring to
>the podcast, je ne parlais pas francais tres bien :)

Sorry, I screwed up the link here is the correct one:

http://www.premiumorange.com/la-page-web-of-phil/index.php?page=P030601