[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:49:32 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 08:19 AM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

> So IMHO what really sucks is this overall geek approach of LAD vs end
> users, there is no one to blame for that but nevertheless it prevents
> lots of people to join.

I had to laugh at this.  Every once in a while, I will search to see if
there are any new LADSPA or LV2 plugins.  I often see plugins described
by their mathematical function, with NO hint of what it actually does.
If linux audio would like to get its foot in the door with guitarists,
defining available plugins only by math function is not the way to go
about it.  It almost seems like some plugins exists only because they
were someone's class assignment (write a plugin using FFT).

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]