[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Wed Feb 6 16:19:08 UTC 2013

Am 06.02.2013 16:49, schrieb Al Thompson:
> I had to laugh at this.  Every once in a while, I will search to see if
> there are any new LADSPA or LV2 plugins.  I often see plugins described
> by their mathematical function, with NO hint of what it actually does.
> If linux audio would like to get its foot in the door with guitarists,
> defining available plugins only by math function is not the way to go
> about it.  It almost seems like some plugins exists only because they
> were someone's class assignment (write a plugin using FFT).
Usually I wouldn't answer on this topic, even if I have some concerns,
but I will repeat on this.
Because my last announcements here on this list was exactly about LV2
plug-ins for guitarist which indeed use at least FFT.
> This release introduce the first LV2 plugs created from the guitarix
> amps. Well, they will perfectly fit into hotel sierra
>
>  * GxAmplifier tube 12ax7 tonestack sovtek cabinet 4x12
>  * GxAmplifier-II tube 12AT7 tonestack soldano cabinet AC30
>  * GxAmplifier-III tube 6C16 tonestack bassman cabinet 1x15
>  * GxAmplifier-IV tube 6V6 tonestack soldano cabinet mesa
>  * GxAmplifier-V tube 6DJ8 tonestack ampeg cabinet HighGain
>
> there are mono and stereo versions of those amps included in the bundle

The time were I have to wrote class assignments is a couple of years ago.
I fail to see any description by math function.
But as well, I fail to see any user feedback at all on this.