[LAU] USB-MIDI

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Thu Feb 7 02:57:31 UTC 2013

On 06/02/13 22:22, Al Thompson wrote:
> On 02/06/2013 03:43 PM, Folderol wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience of using a MIDI-over-USB dumb keyboard?
>> Does it need special drivers or can I just plug it in and have it automatically
>> found by my machine?
>>

> If it's a simple class-compliant controller, it will just show up.  If
> it has a bunch of features built-in, or isn't class-compliant, it could
> be a different story.  I've used an M-Audio Oxygen, and it worked fine.
> But I also tried an Alesis, and it didn't work so well.

I've used both an Edirol PC-50 and an M-Audio Keystation 88ES and both
worked flawlessly.

My Moog Little Phatty Stage II also shows up and works perfectly,
although that obviously isn't bus powered :-)

Although not keyboards, I have a Korg NanoKontrol and Korg NanoPad, both
the original models, and both work fine.