[LAU] USB-MIDI

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Feb 8 14:15:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, February 8, 2013 12:55 am, R. Mattes wrote:

> Luky you. Never worked here - and see the following from their user guide,
> Section 1.2 Setup, page 5:
>
>  "USB hubs are not supported. M-Audio suggests that you connect directly
>   to one of your computer’s built in USB ports."
>
> Do you have any other gear connected to you hub while you use your
> Axiom?

A lot of computers already have an internal hub for more than one external
port. So even if you "connect directly to one of your computer’s built in
USB ports.", you are already using a hub. I have found it useful to check
which port each of my plugs is on any machine I use for music. Normally
USB 1-5. Almost always there is more than one plug on the same USB line.
In fact it seems only USB 1-3 gets used on both my machines. I do this so
I can avoid a USB port that shares irqs with the video card, etc.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net