[LAU] and now, what do you think RULES about Linux audio ?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 9 04:18:29 UTC 2013

On 02/08/2013 12:13 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 09:39:16PM -1000, david wrote:
>> On 02/07/2013 02:27 AM, Brett McCoy wrote:
>> + How easy it is to install a program from my distro's repository,
>> or get adventurous and mix repositories. Or mix distros.
>
> Ummm, and if you come across a bug, which distro to you report it to?

Depends on which distro the version came from. Or just report it to the
program developers directly ...

>> + No 32-bit vs 64-bit compatibility issues.
>
> Multi-arch should take care of this.

I've not encountered any incompatibilities between 32- and 64-bit Linux.
The same programs are available on both.

Windows still has compatibility problems between 32- and 64-bit Windows
OS - 32-bit apps that won't run on a 64-bit Windows, missing device
drivers, etc.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com