[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Feb 10 16:10:17 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:51:07AM -0500, drew Roberts wrote:

> That does not stop me from stating what a horrid law I think it
> is though nor from saying that violating that law and making
> unauthorised copies is not stealing even if it is illegal.

You have all the right to that opinion, and to advocate changes
to copyright law (which indeed has some murky aspects which I'd
want to see changed).

OTOH, saying that something isn't stealing just amounts to
trying to redefine the meaning of that word so it's more or
pointless. And stating that an author who publishes his work
voluntarily gives up any ability to control it is little more
than whishfull thinking - just ask the author, who probably
knows his/her own intentions better that you do.

Ciao,

--
FA