[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:17:47 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> pointless. And stating that an author who publishes his work
> voluntarily gives up any ability to control it is little more
> than whishfull thinking - just ask the author, who probably
> knows his/her own intentions better that you do.

In fact, I know a few type designers who are quite OK about 3rd party
modifications of their work provided they are asked for permission
first. Which is why they always pick a proprietary license for their
work -- exactly to discourage arbitrary modifications :) It might
sounds crazy or stupid, but fonts are kinda special -- unlike software
where it's easy to notify a user about an existing update, an outdated
font has a long, long time of life. And once it's out, it's out.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org