[LAU] [Fwd: Re: Fuck your sexism]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Feb 10 21:17:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, February 11, 2013 7:55 am, Louigi Verona wrote:
> "I think that including an image of a 'hot' female tacitly sends the
> message that those who are viewing it are likely to be (heterosexual)
> males, i.e., that this is a 'boy's space'."
>

> Using that same logic, NOT including an image that is considered "hot"
> by one sex or the other must then mean that we are tacitly send the
> message that those who are viewing are likely to be asexual, that this is
> "asexual space". And some asexual people might get offended.

I've never met an asexual person. Are they are big market segment these days?

On the flipside. I would rather see a sexy image than a violent image and
as nearly all professional music these days is targeted at human sexuality
- Love/Sex being interchangeable in the modern Pop music lexicon - maybe
they should have more sexual images on their marketing material if they
are trying to get to the kind of people who are making that kind of
music...

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd