[LAU] [Fwd: Re: Fuck your sexism]

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 01:46:55 UTC 2013

On 02/10/2013 04:17 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> On Mon, February 11, 2013 7:55 am, Louigi Verona wrote:
>> "I think that including an image of a 'hot' female tacitly sends the
>> message that those who are viewing it are likely to be (heterosexual)
>> males, i.e., that this is a 'boy's space'."
>>

>> Using that same logic, NOT including an image that is considered "hot"
>> by one sex or the other must then mean that we are tacitly send the
>> message that those who are viewing are likely to be asexual, that this is
>> "asexual space". And some asexual people might get offended.
> I've never met an asexual person. Are they are big market segment these days?
>
> On the flipside. I would rather see a sexy image than a violent image and
> as nearly all professional music these days is targeted at human sexuality
> - Love/Sex being interchangeable in the modern Pop music lexicon - maybe
> they should have more sexual images on their marketing material if they
> are trying to get to the kind of people who are making that kind of
> music...

I agree.  Unfortunately, the overly-sensitive portion of society has
decided that it is more acceptable to see a person's brains blown out,
or someone beaten senseless than it is to see a glimpse of boob.

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]