[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Feb 11 16:49:07 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Kjetil Matheussen <
k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> wrote:

> Paul Davis:

>> bug
>> >

>> if you're not willing to participate in the managed handling of a bug, i'm
>> not interested in your bug.
>>
>> of course, someone else might be, in which case you get lucky.
>>

> Please don't write things like that in a way that could make people
> believe it's a general attitude.

OK, let me very clear. That is MY attitude. For ARDOUR.

There are almost 1500 bugs still open at tracker.ardour.org. Anyone who
expects me (or anyone) to manage that number of bugs via email is someone
who has expectations of me that will not be met. Moreover, many bug fixes
involve totally asynchronous communication the bug reporter and/or other
people interested in the bug. I see no sensible way to work in this way
without the coordination that a bug tracker brings.