[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:44:05 UTC 2013

Are you sure we are talking about the same book? I know this book very
very well and I recall no wild assumptions and no lumping together.
Kinsella's position on IP is extremely clear and very well formulated. There
must be some misunderstanding there. In case you are interested, we can
connect by email and discuss this, but his approach is to look at property
rights.
It applies to music very well.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Al Thompson <althompson58 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/11/2013 10:02 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> > I would advice this short book for all those interested in a copyright
> > debate.
> >
> > http://mises.org/document/3582
> >
> > Although the book is called "Against IP", the first part gives a very
> > thorough and fair overview
> > of both sides. The arguments there are much deeper than the usual
> > "artists will starve
> > and we will have no music".
>
> I've read most of this book, and I think he makes some pretty radical
> "assumptions" about things which are mostly irrelevant when dealing with
> music.  He seems to try to lump everything in with scientific
> discoveries (boiling water to kill germs) or math functions (E=mc^2),
> and comparisons to hard goods which may have limited quantities.
>
> I'm going to read your writings and links on the subject so I can see
> what your thoughts are on it.
>

> --
> ---
> My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:
>
>   http://www.lateralforce.com
>

> My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
> mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
>    http://audioandmore.wordpress.com
>

> Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
> und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
>                                                 - [Friedrich Nietzsche]

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/