[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:12:09 UTC 2013

Hey James!

Kinsella argues copyright from the point of view of non-aggression, i.e.
property rights.

As for your question, as to how will people make a living who do IP only?
Consider an analogy which is brought up often.
Say, there is a culture where women are being forced to marry men that their
family chooses. As you know, in many countries around the world in the past
this was standard stuff.
And now imagine someone saying that this is wrong and brings in his
argumentation.
And someone says - well, then how will my sister get married?

Or if you are against slavery, someone will tell you - well, then how will
the work
in this country be done if there are no slaves? Who will want to do it?

The real question is - I don't know. All I know is that forced
marriage/slavery/copyright are wrong and here are
my arguments.
I don't see a problem with that position.

As pointed out on my site, producing IP is necessary. How will people get
paid?
In various different ways. Just like they get paid now. In Russia copyright
law is
not enforced that much, yet Russia has scientists, composers, actors and
movie directors.
So they must be getting paid somehow.

L.V.