[LAU] [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ? OP reply.

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Feb 12 15:26:49 UTC 2013

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:46:00 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> On 02/10/2013 06:36 PM, Folderol wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering if more attention could be drawn to the Linux Audio Conference,
> > although I don't really know what would be the best way to achieve this, or
> > even whether it might be seen as too geeky for most people.
> >
> > Incidentally I'm hoping to go this year (not registered yet), and for several
> > years I've thought about submitting some of my music, but the process seems
> > rather convoluted for what is almost a 'throwaway' item in the conference.
> >

> Hey Will,
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this year,
> but please do submit your music. A lot of music is played/performed at
> the conference, and I think it could use a little more diversity. And
> presentations about "this is how I made my music with Linux software"
> are always welcome.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Hi Dave,

Looking at the conference website it seems I'm about a week too late to
contribute any music.

The idea of doing a presentation is an interesting (but also quite scary) one.
I have never done any public speaking at all, and wouldn't have a clue how to
arrange such a thing. Also I don't know what equipment I could expect to be on
hand.

However, I can see that the track "Ride With Yoshimi" I posted recently would be
an ideal one for this as I used just about everything I know best on it
(however, it's 8 minutes long).

Would it work best as a talk over the actual playing music, or stepwise
examination of parts, or what? I really have no clue :(

I think the cut-off time for presentations is also only a couple of days away :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk