[LAU] More jack woes

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Thu Feb 14 01:07:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> JACK looks OK, except that you want hw:USB not hw:CARD=USB (i think, or
> maybe based on later output, hw:SB)
>
> it appears that you are running audacity *without* JACK support or telling
> it explicitly not to use JACK; instead it opens the default ALSA device,
> which is pulseaudio, which is probably not working (correctly) while JACK is
> running.

Thanks Paul! I just tried it, briefly, with -d hw:USB and that seems
to be the solution.

If I live long enough I might actually figure out alsa naming :)

BTW, the earlier test with hw:CARD=USB did have audacity running jack.
I double checked that a few times. So, where the PA stuff was coming
from ... who knows.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca