[LAU] More jack woes

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Thu Feb 14 01:40:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> For what it's worth, my workflow is to use timemachine to record - this
> follows the unix principle of do just one thing but do it well. It is actually
> dependent on jack on the input side, and will save to several different
> formats. It also gives you a handy 10 second pre-record. Once I have the
> recording safely on disk I then use whatever programs I like to do the
> processing.

Hadn't see this program before. Interesting. Not for me, but it's nice
to know. I'm playing a live track over a prerecording background
generated from a MMA midi.

> The greatest bugbear of using audacity directly for recording is that it uses
> portaudio which doesn't create any connections until you actually send it data.

Yeah, I've heard others mention this. Why is it a problem?

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca