[LAU] Sample rates

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Feb 15 21:59:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, February 15, 2013 9:34 am, Bob van der Poel wrote:

>> Some devices are set to a fixed frequency with a hardware switch, and
>> report only that to the computer.
>>
>> Most devices, however, allow the computer to select the rate.
>
> How can one tell? alsamixer just says "this sound device does not have
> any controls".

I don't think rate is one of the controls alsamixer looks at. Jack should
tell you if it was successful at setting a rate. I have never tried
setting a device to an invalid rate.

On the off chance that Jack is able to set a rate your IF can't do, you
will hear pops and clicks. (Pulse can run at a different rate in the case
of an HDA IF with a one speed only mic :P Jack may be able to as well)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net