[LAU] Audio distros

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:08:50 UTC 2013

On 02/16/2013 03:38 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 07:01:55 +0100
<snip>

> The install disc now seems to have fully integrated systemd and it was easy
> to bring up a new system.  I used to be a Fedora/CCRMA user, but as the
> newer kernels had realtime stuff roilled into it, the CCRMA kernel became
> less necessary and there's plenty of cruft in a Fedora release.  Now F18
> seems to have some serious issues with its installation process.

Fedora 18 was certainly an unfortunate release to launch the Jam audio
spin. For existing Fedora users the upgrade path by fedup or yum to F18
poses no real problems. Hopefully the the anaconda bugs can be ironed
out for F19 when we re-launch (at the moment delays to F18 meant that we
were left without a spin website and missed the cut for the official
media publication).

The Jam spin is based on Fedora's standard KDE install, but we are open
to alternatives if enough people complain.