[LAU] Audio distros

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Feb 16 21:08:27 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:55:18 +0100, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Care to elaborate? Hard to suggest anything without specifics.

Not now James, I'll reboot and install Arch after doing some office
homework ;).

On the quick. Many apps don't work if you don't delete ~/.cache, something
many people experienced on Xubuntu user mailing list too. I for example
have got serious issues with Evolution. Opening a mail easily can take a
minute. It can't handle junk and has all kinds of bugs. Much of the GTK
desktop stuff (not GTK audio apps) seems to be borked, perhaps a dbus
issue.