[LAU] Audio distros

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Feb 17 07:46:12 UTC 2013

On Sat, February 16, 2013 12:07 pm, John Murphy wrote:

> Must admit I was surprised to see adverts in the Software Centre
> of US 13.04, but apart from that I'm delighted with it so far.
> Everything is so much snappier than with the Kubuntu 12.04 I used
> before. Even things like fetching mail is noticeably faster!
>
> Software Centre opens if I click a .deb Maybe I'll just uninstall
> it if I'm allowed. :)

Don't know how long it would last, but you can also remove the mime line
from /usr/share/applications/ubuntu-software-center.desktop. I don't know
if setting the file mode to 444 would keep a SW update from overwriting it
or if that would hang the update. Ypu can also choose another application
by right clicking on the deb and then make that app the default.

> OT: How do you like FreeBSD's tcsh shell and configuration?
>     One of the first things I do on any new Linux install is install
>     tcsh and get it working with 'history search' on up/down arrow
>     keys like fbsd, and then get my prompt looking right.
>     Soon feels like home...

I do bash. Don't know or care if it's best, just what I am used to.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net