[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Feb 18 14:32:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, February 18, 2013 1:25 am, Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:

> 	Besides that, the whole PulseAudio vs Jack stuff is a bit grating,

Yes.

but
> seems
> more dependant on the distro packaging them than on the software itself.
> In
> particular, in Ubuntu, it worked very well in Ubuntu 12.04 (you didn't
> need to
> do anything special); but after upgrading to 12.10 it's stopped working
> (PA
> doesn't play nice with Jack, you have to stop one to have the other
> working).
> It's become almost a tradition for me to fix the sound system each Ubuntu
> upgrade :-)

13.04 is already looking better with pa 3.* There seem to be patches being
added daily. Very active development.

I'm not advocating for PA. If you are setting up a box that has/uses no
desktop sound, I would not include PA. It does fill a need for some people
though.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net