[LAU] (OT) list addresses (was Re: Audio distros)

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Feb 19 00:44:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 04:51:29PM +0000, James Stone wrote:

> Sorry for duplicating my other post. Thought it was better keeping it in
> one thread..

I'd rather get two mails than none at all. I filter my mails (on certain
criteria) into different mailboxes, and if I see a CC to a mailing list
on a message, I EXPECT to see that mail in that list mailbox when I get
round to reading it!

The correct way to avoid duplicate mail is NOT to get CC'd in the first
place! sheeze!¹

If I want strange results from the software I'm using, I'd go back to
using Windows!

¹ I know that using gmail can be a PITA if you try and follow tried and
true accepted practices for conversing on mail lists.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X