[LAU] Building Audio from a Server Core?

Grekim Jennings grekimj at acousticrefuge.com
Wed Feb 27 18:46:57 UTC 2013

How difficult or even possible is it to start with a server core system
and make it useable for a audio?  I don't need a GUI/desktop for this.
I installed Lubuntu server core to a usb flash drive.  I added myself to
the audio group, but my usb Audiobox does not seem to be working,
although it is recognised with aplay -l.  Should it work without any
additional steps?
I suppose I could build an Arch system, but I was pleasantly surprised
by the performance of Ubuntu 12.04 (desktop) with the particular
software I want to run and thought I would try an even more basic
setup.  Thanks!