[LAU] Building Audio from a Server Core?

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Wed Feb 27 19:02:14 UTC 2013

Am 27.02.2013 19:46, schrieb Grekim Jennings:
> How difficult or even possible is it to start with a server core system
> and make it useable for a audio?

Very difficult. I guess, the advantage in speed one may get from an
custom-build minimalist system would need some 10 years to collect
enough seconds to bring back the time it takes to build the system in
the first place.

Why not just install a major distro plus audio-layer and run it with
Fluxbox or E or on tty? If I compare the performance of heavy
audio-setups under KDE4 and under Fluxbox on the same system I find it
hard to see any difference...