[LAU] Dual Delta Setup

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Jan 3 00:26:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:35:17 -0800
"Len Ovens" <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
> So the delta series sync (or lack there of) may be a hardware issue rather
> than software. The  solution makes sense in this case though it
> may still work using a resample bypass mode as well.

I've been following this with interest, as I have two Delta 1010s, and I've
shared what I know at http://delta.brainiac.com/deltasync.html  It's really
not much more than a rehash of John Rigg's work and my own experience with
it.  I'm really interested in how zita-a2j will work for me - time to dive
in!

> I think that depending on the two cards in question, the lock may be
> acceptable with some card pairings and not with others depending on if the
> errors add or subtract just right.

I don't often need more than 8 channels in, but when I have and run the
aggregate device, I've had no issues.  If there's a slip of a clock
cycle anywhere, it's not evident in any of the test (or actual)
recordings I've done.  Maybe I've been lucky, but the S/PDIF lock has
always worked for me.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com