[LAU] I need to catalogue wave file regions.

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 17:32:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:40:24 +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:

> On 10 January 2013 23:14, John Murphy <rosegardener at freeode.co.uk> wrote:
> > As far as I know there isn't anything available for Linux which has
> > the sole purpose of marking and cataloguing (.wav) sound file regions.
>
> You can mark and save metadata from regions of an audio file in Sonic
> Visualiser, is that of any help? --
>
> http://sonicvisualiser.org

Wow! That's certainly the type of display I like and it's the first
time I've seen that combined level indicator volume control slider.
Very nice. Haven't looked at defining regions yet.

I noticed the peak information isn't saved though? My PC takes about
20 seconds to show a full two hour wav in the lower part of the window
and the same amount of time if I close and reload later. I don't mind
peak data files lying around.

Scroll wheel zooms! :)

Thanks (again) Chris.

--