[LAU] Console based software EQ for jack

Stefan Stefanov selectany at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:12:53 UTC 2013

Hello and thanks for response

I just installed ecasound, but I cannot understand how to use it for EQ.

My current mpd.conf is configured to use jack:
audio_output {
       type             "jack"
       name             "JACK Audiolab MDAC"
       device           "hw:2,0"
       format           "*:24_3:2"
       mixer_type       "disabled"
}

Here is quote from
http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Player_Daemon_Is_There_An_Equalizer
"It is also possible to configure the pipe output and use another application
to process the audio. For example, ecasound can be used together with
ladspa plugins
to provide equalizer and some other features."

So, if I pipe output from mpd to the ecasound then is it possible
to use similar audio settings as with "audio_output" section in mpd.conf?

Could you please point me to the right direction how to use ecasound
to process audio and how to use it as EQ?