[LAU] Vocaloid anyone ?

Tobias Platen tobias at platen-software.de
Sat Jan 19 08:17:14 UTC 2013

On 01/19/2013 02:56 AM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   Just got into Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka) and it's kind
> of neat I find.  Especially the megurine Luka tnes and the various
> Appends (Dark, Soft, etc...) For Hatsune Miku.  I know nothing about
> this software but I know there's some open source effort in all of
> this, if only for composing and sharing the many songs that are made.
> There's as well an open source animation program (MikuMikuDance) to
> animate the character.  Does this run under Linux at all ?  Anyone
> tried this software here ?
>
> Thanks for any comment, cheers.

Hello
Vocaloid uses Spectral Model Synthesis. The Music Technology Group has
released libsms http://mtg.upf.edu/static/libsms/ as free
software./Currently I am working on a free UTAU resampler that uses
/Spectral Model Synthesis. I took voices from the "Singing Computer"
http://devel.freebsoft.org/singing-computer . UTAU
http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/UTAU_wiki allows anyone to record his own
voice, but it is non-free and it requires Windows. I have my free
virtual singer at https://gitorious.org/lauloid . My synthesized songs
are at http://gobblin.se/u/megurineturilli/ . Bender has MikuMikuDance
support.

Tobias Platen