[LAU] debugging conflicts Pulseaudio/Jack

Federico Bruni fedelogy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 15:46:08 UTC 2013

Il 20/01/2013 15:03, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
> This solved the issue temporarily, but then PulseAudio stopped working
> because it couldn't find the device anymore.

Well, I reproduced this error too.
Actually, PulseAudio doesn't start up when I start the machine (I had to
force the shutdown because of a freeze).

In ~/.xsession-errors I find:

E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:127:
RuntimeWarning: PyOS_InputHook is not available for interactive use of PyGTK
   set_interactive(1)

jack and pulse are not running:

$ ps ax | grep jack
  5937 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep jack
$ ps ax | grep pulse
  5940 pts/0    R+     0:00 grep pulse

I can't start pulseaudio manually:

$ pulseaudio -D
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.

$ pulseaudio --start
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.

--
Federico