[LAU] OT: hardware problem Behringer FCB1010 and edirol USB midi adaptors.

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue Jan 29 08:31:04 UTC 2013

Bill Allen wrote:
> when I hooked the FCB1010 midi in to the UM-2 midi out, the FCB1010
> goes into error mode. This happens with every one of the edirol
> devices.

Does this happen *before* you try to actually use the FCB1010?

What differentiates Roland devices from most other MIDI interfaces is
that they send Active Sense messages.  The FCB1010 manual says this is
supported, and in any case these should be ignored if unsupported, but
one can never know how buggy the firmware is.

Regards,
Clemens