[LAU] Linux Audio podcast, episode001

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Jul 2 21:43:37 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 09:38 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
 > [...] Rui has a good day gig, and he's taken his own sweet time to
 > develop QTractor. (Is it out of alpha yet, Rui ? :) Not to speak for
 > them, but I suggest that both of these gentlemen react positively to
 > cash injections.

thanks Dave (hal9k talk:)

everybody reacts positively to positive incentives (just an economist
lapalissade, but yeah;)

whether it's still alpha?

well, yes. on my call and personal stance there's only two phases to
software life cycle: alpha and omega. anything in between is just
marketing gibberish

alpha is when some software "entity" is actually running to its users
benefit. whether saying it does it well or not--in my experience it
often does not--it's strictly a user's prerogative, not a developer's one.

while in this so-called alpha phase, all software lingers in a more or
less broken state. yes, broken. nothing is perfect and never will, until...

then, paraphrasing Exupéry's, only when the last user leaves the
building then you know it reached ultimate perfection and that my
friend, it's when you know it reached omega :)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org