[LAU] Linux Audio podcast, episode001

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jul 3 07:37:54 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 09:12 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Sure, Paul, my comment on Ardour was not meant to say that you should
> support DSSI. It simply pointed out the facts.
>
> I feel great respect towards developers of Linux Audio and I totally
> understand that each developer has his reasons for doing what he does.
> So I was not even asking "why Ardour doesn't support DSSI", I just said
> that it doesn't. Obviously, you have good reasons for what you are doing.
>
> So, I hope my tone did not turn out as demanding as it was not meant to
> be at all.
>
> You made an interesting point about Windows that people just work with
> what they have when on Linux devs spend lots of time fixing things. I
> wonder how big is this effect. Do many people engage in this kind of
> activity?

Well, ages ago, I was one of the first users of CorelDRAW. Fed them many
bug reports and UI feedback. Won't claim to make a big difference, but I
did isolate a serious bug sufficiently that they could finally fix it.
They rewarded me with a free upgrade to v2. So it's pretty cool when a
developer rewards (me) by putting out a better version!

I know a lot of Windows users just put up with problems, maybe grumble a
little bit, but figure it's just the way computers are. I work with a
number of them.

My biggest complaint about Microsoft is that they have convinced users
to accept computer and application crashes as "normal".

Reminds me, sometime I must start learning Ardour.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community