[LAU] Non Mixer Spatializer Demo

J. Liles malnourite at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 21:50:51 UTC 2013

As many of you already know, Non Mixer (http://non.tuxfamily.org) has
since its inception provided some cushy features for dealing with
Ambisonics mixes.

Lately I've been working on extending these features to the next level.

This is a quick demonstration of the new Spatializer module and the
associated Spatialization Console. What this does is provide synthetic
distance cues as well as a cushy interface for placing sounds in
virtual space.

http://youtu.be/GVm5Jd1WDWw

I'm hoping to have these new features ready for testing soon--but my
free time is very limited.

As always, donations are welcome and very much appreciated.
(http://non.tuxfamily.org/wiki/Donations)

A note about the video:

Every time I try to make one of these screencasts, I run into the same
problem: nothing works. Thus, I had to aim my video camera at the
screen and record audio from my computer via line-out. This is
problematic for a number of reasons. 1) I can only record stereo this
way 2) my camera only samples audio at 32KHz and 3) When youtube
transcodes the video it adds an annoying click about once per second
(I believe this is due to a mismatch between the camera's framerate
and youtube's expectations. I would love to provide a theora/vorbis
screencapture video instead, but, alas, I cannot find any tools that
can capture screen activity and record audio via JACK in sync. Anyway,
the poor quality of the video is not due to a lack of effort.