[LAU] disappointed that dependancies for freewheeling are broken in ubuntu 13.4

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu Jun 6 07:08:48 UTC 2013

On 06.06.2013 03:11, Rusty Perez wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm sortof in a crazy time checking out new software and learning linux.
> Anyway, I heard about freewheeling instrument last night and decided
> to install it today.
> When I ran it, I got the following result:
>
> freewheeling: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgnutls-openssl.so.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>

> So i guess the current version of this library has the number 27, and
> this hasn't been fixed in freewheeling. And I am not the guy with the
> knowledge to fix it. :-)
>
> So, I'm disappointed.

Sooooo, do you want help with that? Or do you just want to state your
disappointment?

Anyays, if it's the former, I guess this is the right way of action:

1] Please file a bug report in the ubuntu bug database

Then you can try this:

2a] Dirty hack:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls-openssl.so.27
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls-openssl.so.26

sudo ldconfig

freewheeling

2b] Build freewheeling from source. I guess this is the cleaner
solution, albeit a little bit more involved.

Flo