[LAU] nice piece of USB hardware for 7.1 output

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Jun 6 11:36:21 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 11:18 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier
> <nettings at stackingdwarves.net <mailto:nettings at stackingdwarves.net>> wrote:
>  >  it runs fine at 124x4, haven't tried to push the latency down more,
> but since it only has outputs, what's the point anyways?
>
> Live performance using MIDI input is a use case.. I'd be intrested what
> latencies it can do if you wouldn't mind testing? One of   128 * 2,
> 128 * 3,   64 * 4   or   64 *3  would probably run best... 64 * 2 would
> be amazing for the channel count though  :D
>
> On another topic, how would using 2 of these fare for WFS applications?

here be plasma-breathing plutonium dragons with infrared laser eyes.

> It would make the cheapest 16 output channel external soundcard that I
> know of.. but I fear that the non-sample accurate sync would throw off
> source perception?

definitely.

rule of thumb: if you are considering WFS and the price of the
_interface_ is an issue, you don't really want to be doing WFS.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net