[LAU] [a bit OT] Sebkha-Chott performs Frank Zappa's Thing Fish feat Ike Willis: crowdfunding call

Aurelien tyranorl at free.fr
Tue Jun 18 05:51:47 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 10:21:49AM +0200, Felix Homann wrote :
> Hi Aurélien,
>
> Am 15.06.2013 09:30 schrieb "Aurelien" <tyranorl at free.fr>:
> >
> > Sorry about it, but I really can't find what an FTU is (though I have
> > the impression to have read this already).
>
> Sorry, I got you confused with Aurélien Leblond. He helped a lot a couple
> of years ago when a couple of laymen like myself were trying to get the
> M-Audio Fast Track Ultra (FTU) family of audio interfaces working on Linux.
> When we were stuck he kindly send a FTU  to Daniel Mack who in contrast to
> me actually knows what he's doing when he's working on Alsa ;-)
> This started support for USB devices using implicit feedback BTW. Support
> for the FTUs is pretty complete now but they have always surprised us with
> unexpected behaviour again and again. So they helped to make the USB audio
> driver better and more robust several times. And they have been a real pain
> in the a...

Hmmm. I've been using FTU once, for a teaching session about using
GNU/Linux softwares for shows. The second day, they just turned crazy
when we came to use phantom power. Just type Fast Track Ultra led
blinking in google, and you'll see what I mean.

I promessed myself never to use it again!!!

--
Aurélien