[LAU] Google TV device w/ AV out

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Jun 29 12:30:59 UTC 2013

On 06/28/2013 04:38 PM, Dan MacDonald wrote:
> Thanks for the update Jeremy but according to a user on jack-devel, JACK is
> having probs running on the BBB too.

Hi Dan,

Yes but only after a few hours. He also doesn't need to set the ALSA
softmode option which gives me reasons to assume the USB implentation is
lot better on this board. I think I'm going to order one.

> I may try J1 on my Pandaboard too but it'd be just out of curiosity to see
> if it does work. The lack of ARM/NEON optimization in the LA stack
> currently means I can't realistically use the Panda for what I like to do
> with Linux audio.

What doe you mean by 'LA stack'? Linux Audio? The software I'd like to
use, guitarix, does have ARM/NEON optimization.

  Wheezy is otherwise rock solid on it. I had to power it
> down yesterday when we were doing some work on the house and it had an
> uptime of 18.5 days. No great feat but I'm sure it would've been up for
> much longer if given the chance.
>
> If I was real gung-ho about JACK on ARM I'd prob consider one of the
> Chromebooks - gone are the days when dev boards are the only option for
> those wanting a modern ARM Linux machine.

I can't fit a chromebook in a Hammond/Eddystone casing so for me it's no
option.

Regards,

Jeremy