[LAU] Issues with JACK

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Mar 5 22:16:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, March 5, 2013 8:45 am, Gabriel Beddingfield wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Gabbe Nord <gabbe.nord at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, alarming! I do use both USB keyboard and USB mouse. My soundcard is
>> also USB. I do have alot of other devices plugged in aswell to my USB.
>> Is
>> there any way I can fix this, other then getting "real" plugs for the
>> USB
>> keyboard/mouse? Like I said, there's still a couple of devices that uses
>> USB
>> even if I get rid of the mouse/keyboard.

All that on two ports? On the same irq?

> I'm not saying this is your problem... but use something like 'sudo
> lsusb -t' and inspect which devices are connected to which hubs.
> Unplug as much as you can.  Try different ports.

He has only two USB ports for audio/midi, kb, rodent... and two more things.

Depending on price/needs, my first option would be to get an internal
card, PCI or PCIe. If you are using a USB1.1 device at 16bit/48k anyway, I
would suggest the original ensoniq es1370 cards (should be able to find
free) as they are reasonably quiet, have midi and just work with just
about anything. For 24bit, look for the ice1712 based cards. You will
probably have to pay more for them though. If you want to make use of the
USB device you have, get a PCI(e) USB port. It should have it's own irq if
it goes in the right slot. After an es1370 this is probably the cheapest
solution... you may even find one of these for free too from back when USB
was just coming out.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net