[LAU] Issues with JACK

Gabbe Nord gabbe.nord at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 19:46:35 UTC 2013

Hello all, and thank you so much for your answers! I feel like I need to
clear up a few things here for my own sake, sorry for being slow:

* You are referring to an "I/O" USB card that connects to PCI-E as a
solution, right?
* I don't really know what IRQs are to which port etc, but I have my
soundcard plugged in to one port, and my USB-hub with everything else on on
yet another. I also have USB-ports on the front of my case, which are
connected to the motherboard directly. Can I somehow find out what's
connected to what inside the computer, and how do I modify my IRQ-files to
correspond to where I have my soundcard? Will unplugging/replugging and
using lsusb -t do that for me?

On a different note: If I were to get a new soundcard instead, does anyone
have recommendations of non-USB cards? There seems to be some issues with
PCI-cards and newer motherboards (I have a z77 intel chipset or something)
that uses emulated and not native PCI. I guess this resricts me from using
PCI-cards? (referring to
http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10106 ).

I'm using 48khz and 24bit right now, and I record mostly acoustic guitar
and vocals (both singing and rap vocals). Is there any reason for me to run
24bit, maybe I could get away with 16bit? I do not really want to reduce
quality, even by a little, so if there's any reason not to go 16bit I
probably won't.

Again, thank you so much for all responses!