[LAU] Two exact same drumpads, different USB ID's

Gabriel Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 21:08:46 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
> I'm still looking for a way to work around the 'faulty' drum pad getting
> recognized as a USB hid device. What's the best way to do this? Is it
> possible? How does the device gets a driver assigned? Where can I find which
> USB device ID gets assigned which driver?

If I were to guess, I would say that the firmware in the 'faulty' drum
pad is corrupt or just plain wrong.  It appears to be an obscure
Chinese manufacturer, so I think there's little hope of getting the
information (firmware) that you need.  From the pictures you supplied,
it appears the 'hid' device has been refurbished or something.  The
assembly quality isn't as good as the 'midi' device.

Thus the question, "does the 'faulty' one work in Windows?"  Right
now, all signs point to "you have a defect."  If it's defective in
Windows, too... then case closed.

I think your best bet is to order a replacement.

-gabriel