[LAU] Two exact same drumpads, different USB ID's

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Mar 9 21:21:32 UTC 2013

On 03/09/2013 10:08 PM, Gabriel Beddingfield wrote:
> If I were to guess, I would say that the firmware in the 'faulty' drum
> pad is corrupt or just plain wrong.  It appears to be an obscure
> Chinese manufacturer, so I think there's little hope of getting the
> information (firmware) that you need.  From the pictures you supplied,
> it appears the 'hid' device has been refurbished or something.  The
> assembly quality isn't as good as the 'midi' device.
>
> Thus the question, "does the 'faulty' one work in Windows?"  Right
> now, all signs point to "you have a defect."  If it's defective in
> Windows, too... then case closed.
>
> I think your best bet is to order a replacement.
>
> -gabriel

Hello Gabriel,

I'm almost a 100% sure this is not a defective drum pad. People even
wrote software (or attempted to) for it to make it work with Linux:
https://code.google.com/p/drumroll/
http://www.organicdesign.co.nz/USB_human_interface_devices_with_Linux
http://ezod.livejournal.com/25271.html

I agree that the hid device looks refurbished and I now also noticed the
hid device has the resistor R1 while the midi device lacks this resistor.

I'll also test with Windows this week and report back.

Jeremy