[LAU] Ingen patches

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 04:09:24 UTC 2013

On 03/12/2013 10:22 AM, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On 03/12/2013 10:22 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>>
>> Might it be a good idea to have a central repo for it? I think it can't
>> be too early to start with such a thing. AMS for example, comes with
>> quite some useful patches if I install it in Debian.
>
> I'd say a release should come first. Nobody will stop anyone from
> setting up a repo with ingen patches, but you can bet that there are
> very few people who have working patches for ingen at all, right now.

+1

David has not made any releases yet specifically so that he's free to
change whatever he wants -- including stuff related to patches.  He
doesn't want to hear people moaning because some change he made broke
all of their patches.

Therefore, I wouldn't recommend creating any central Ingen patch
repositories until there's a release.

-gabriel