[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:10:26 UTC 2013

I personally use kdenlive right now and it suits my simple needs very well.
Actually,
for the first time on Linux I am quite happy with basic video editing.

As for Ralf's prediction of everyone jumping on Linux, I think this is not
happening in
the near future - if ever. The percentage of desktop Linux usage is
very-very low, even to
this day. The highest number I ever heard was 10% and it was the only time
I heard it. The
rest of the numbers are always within 5%. And while none of these polls are
accurate,
I do see that Linux Desktop, in spite of its wonderful progress, is nowhere
even near mass
adoption.

In fact, even if we magically get all the software everyone needs right
now, the adoption would
be slow.