[LAU] multimedia content

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Mar 13 22:30:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, March 13, 2013 8:12 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> On Thu, March 14, 2013 12:21 am, Len Ovens wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, March 13, 2013 2:38 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>

>>> Putting together some original video footage for an audio track is
>>> really
>>> not that hard. We have all the tools so I don't know what is holding
>>> things up.
>>
>> Some of us are just not visually oriented... I've worked in the area,
>> but
>> it just doesn't turn my crank artistically.
>>

> Even so that doesn't explain the lack of serious attempts at making full
> spectrum multimedia by other people round here and all the umbrella
> groups. Also how many people say that and then sit in front of a TV or
> computer for hours absorbing the visual experience.

Perhaps I am one of the odd ones, don't watch TV (no cable) and the only
thing a prefer about xfce over fvwm of years ago is the slick way it auto
creates the menu even when new apps are added without having to edit a
file. I slider is easier to use for levels than a number too. I'm not
anti-gui, And can enjoy animations... but not to the point of making
drawings or video.

Judging from the large number of responses to this and the LightWorks
thread, I am indeed the odd one out. I don't know how I ever ended up
working a TV station when I was younger... lack of work in Radio stations
I guess.

> Definitely ignoring some chances for making some cash out of their art
> too.

Lots of truth in that. Music gets people's attention better with video
than without. It's a marketing thing. My visually focused sister remembers
songs by what she was doing when she heard them. A video provides an
experience to remember the song by. A remembered song sells.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net