[LAU] Nepalese Song - improving mix?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu May 2 23:04:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 7:21 am, James Stone wrote:
> Thanks Patrick and Bill!
>
> I have checked with Manoj (who wrote the song) and he has given permission
> for it to be remixed as you like..
>
> I have uploaded the stems here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u0nwzpvym91w11/Malayu_malayu_by_Manoj_stems.tar

Great! I grabbed them and I'm building the latest version of Ardour now.

> However, I noticed that the automation has been included on these tracks.
> can't work out a way in Mixbus/Ardour to export stems without this. If
> anyone knows - please tell me!
>
> Let me know if you want some other versions of the files, but hopefully
> these will be adequate for your purposes..

Will do.

> If anyone else wants to do a mix on these, please feel free!
>
> Looking forward to hearing the Dub version - impressed you have worked
> with
> the Mad Professor!! I saw him play at Glastonbury one year on one of the
> smaller stages - Lots of "interesting" smelling smoke from the punters.
> Ground shaking bass.. Very good stuff! :)

He is one of the hardest working men in the Dub Circuit. Almost always
booked and travelling constantly. He's been doing a lot of work in Ghana
the past few years with his Back to Africa Tour. I've managed some gigs
with him and some other stuff too. He's always interested in hearing what
we get up to round here.

It's good to hear some Soulful Asian music for a change.

I can also feel an ambient psy trance version creeping up on me too. I'm
not sure where this one is gonna end up now ;-)

Nepalese Dub RockSteady Roots or Ambient Psy Trance Manoj Vocal Edit.

Maybe both...

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd