[LAU] [ANN] - Introducing the MOD - Your LV2 plugins at your feet

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:12:20 UTC 2013

2013/5/3 hermann meyer <brummer- at web.de>:
> Am 02.05.2013 22:34, schrieb Gianfranco Ceccolini:
>
> Dear Linux Audio users and developers
>

> We at AGR/HackLab are very proud to announce our newest creation: the MOD.
>

> In a nutshell, the MOD it is a programable Linux based hardware
> processor/controller with LV2 support.
>

> It’s main objective is to take the processing of any LV2 plugins to the
> stage.
>

> We will make a presentation at the 2013 LAC on saturday 11 of may, at 17:10.
> We hope to see some of you guys there!
>

> To make things more interesting there we also created the following
>

> - MOD Cloud, an online plugin repository
>
> - MOD Social Network, a place where MOD users can exchange their virtual
> pedalboards
>
> - MOD SDK - a software development kit
>
> - Control Chain - a hardware interface for external controllers
>

> You can see all costumer related info on the website www.portalmod.com/en
> and you can watch a video of the prototype working here
> http://portalmod.com/blog/2013/03/video-1-testando-o-prototipo/
>

> The core software inside the MOD is Open Source and is being published at
> github (https://github.com/portalmod).
>
> [....]
> We hope you all like what we are doing and we would love to discuss further
> details with you.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Gianfranco Ceccolini
> The MOD Team
>

> Hi Gianfranco
>
> Oh yes, I love it. :-)
>
> That seems to get a real interesting project which you guys have started out
> there.
>
> Congratulations and respect.
>
> regards
> hermann

What a coincidence. I didn't knew nothing until this moment about MOD,
and it so close to the idea I'm developing for Raspberry PI (simple
interface aimed at musicians, fx and floss plugins/apps inside). It
seems interesting according to the video.

Good luck with it.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux