[LAU] HYDROGEN DRUM MACHINE ACCESSIBILITY FOR BLIND MUSICIANS?

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Wed May 15 06:31:09 UTC 2013

Hello Rusty!
   Hydrogen has a QT GUI. So if you can compile it with QT4 or later, then it
might be accessible. You are running a relatively recent system, so Orca
should have support for the QT accessibility stuff.
   But Hydrogen also has a commandline mode. Mind you in that mode it just
loads a prepared kit with or without a prepared song. I use that mode, since
I have a very nice kit and I play live. But if you really want to program your
own drumkit and rather use pattern based recording, you should give it a try.
   Warm regards
        Julien