[LAU] HYDROGEN DRUM MACHINE ACCESSIBILITY FOR BLIND MUSICIANS?

Barney Holmes djbarney at djbarney.org
Wed May 15 14:16:07 UTC 2013

I researched this a little and found
http://jpwhiting.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/its-alive.html ...

Led me to http://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi ...

"Qt AT-SPI2 bridge

=================

This is a Qt plugin that bridges Qt's accessibility API to AT-SPI2.

With recent versions of AT-SPI2 this should make Qt applications accessible

with the help of tools such as Gnome's Orca screen-reader.

qt-at-spi moved, the Qt 4 version is at http://projects.kde.org/qtatspi

For Qt 5 it is part of Qt, see QtBase at http://qt-project.org"

http://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi/blobs/master/README

So this appears to be the QT development that would be needed to make
Hydrogen compatible with screen readers. If Hydrogen can't do this already
then you could suggest that the developers add this support.