[LAU] RME Multiface and an extra 8 output channels

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed May 15 19:06:44 UTC 2013

On 05/14/2013 11:10 AM, Iain Mott wrote:
> Hi Flo,
>
> This is what was said:
>
> "The MF-I and MF-II's AD/DA conversion latencies vary slightly (MF-II is
> slightly quicker) - you won't get "Sample accurate" I/O across MF-I to
> MF-II"

unless you have exactly one listener and literally tie him/her in place
in the exact sweet spot, one or two samples of difference will not pose
much of a problem. furthermore, you can easily measure the latencies
using jack_delay and compensate for them.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net