[LAU] Jack vs Jack2, PulseAudio, Speech, Commandline!

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu May 23 03:15:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 5:17 pm, Kevin Utter wrote:
>> > 2) Use jackd and do things the way you are used to. But use a script
>> start jackd that runs pasuspender then starts jack ...
>
> Oops!  Forgot about pasuspender.  Even used it once.  That explains why my
> jackctl.py worked once on the new system.  Any idea why it won't work with
> jackdbus?  Does it have to do with Jackdbus working for only the current
> user?  (If I understand that correctly)

It works with jackdbus too. But when using jackdbus jack is supposed to do
that on it's own so you shouldn't need pasuspender. However, it doesn't
hurt and there were some versions of pulse that needed it. From 13.04 or
so it is fixed. If you use ubuntu, the fix is supposed to backported as
far as 12.04. I can never keep track what has and hasn't been done.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net